Quote of the day

“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.” ~ Chief Seattle

Sunday, March 27, 2011

WORDS from the SAGES: Maya Angelou

MAYA ANGELOU
"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."

 "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry, to get my work done, and to try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance, but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors." 

"I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as making a 'life'."

No comments:

Post a Comment