Quote of the day

“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.” ~ Chief Seattle

Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Regular Feature: Words from the SAGES

WORDS FROM THE SAGES will be a regular feature here on Catalyst Commons that will highlight various quotes and maxims from the wise and the spirited, the clever and the astute. And for the first feature, I've chosen Lady O herself, Oprah Winfrey. I've been watching a lot of the Oprah Winfrey show, this her 25th and final season. And thanks to the Queen of talk shows I've had quite a few "A-HA" moments about my own life. So to start off this new feature, I'd like to highlight a few of the things she's said that have resonated with me. 



"Competition...You gotta step up your game. And the way you step up your game is never to try to do what somebody else is doing. But you intensify whatever it is you're doing....become more of yourself." 

"Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it."

"I think that when you invite people to your home, you invite them to yourself."

"I believe that uncertainty is really my spirit's way of saying, 'I'm in flux. I can't decide for you. Something's off balance here."

"I believe the definition of living a spiritual life is to live with an open heart."





No comments:

Post a Comment